ncftp-3.0.1 & weird command line behavior

Hi,

I recently upgraded my B20.1 installation to version 1.1.2, and I am very
pleased with the results. Congrats to all involved.

I downloaded ncftp 3.0.1 precompiled binaries from Charles Wilson's site,
and they seem to run just fine. However, the prompt is acting kind of funny:
if I CTRL-W to erase the previous word, the cursor seems to follow this
algorithm:

1. go from the char under the cursor to the first char of the word
2. erase it
3. redraw all the chars from the current pos to the end of the line, one at
a time (you can actually see the chars being redrawn, as if some weird "slow
motion" feature had been turned on)
4. loop back to step #1 until the whole word has been erased

Has anybody else experienced that? I even tried to compile ncftp myself,
using the source tarball from C. Wilson's site and following his
instructions, but the results were pretty much the same. Additional info: I
installed ncurses 4.2 and readline 4.1 after Cygwin upgrade, both of them
compiled from scratch (with plain "configure; make; make install").

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,

Andre Costa
--