Re: sh problem

Matthew Smith wrote:

> I'm having some problems with sh under windows 2k.  It seems if I try
> writing a script that references ".", as in:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> # access some other shell script
> ./myscript.sh
>
> This will fail under windows 2k, but works fine under NT 4.  Is this a known
> problem?

There's no difference between NT and W2K which might explain
that.

Are you sure that you have identical settings?

For example if you are using ntsec on W2K while not on NT that
could be a reason. When not using ntsec, the file is identified
as executable by it's magic number `#!'. When ntsec is on, it is
executable only if the executable bit is set in it's security
descriptor.

Just a hint,
Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com