Re: Some comment about Cygwin1.1.4

DJ Delorie wrote:

> > echo $BASH_VERSION ?
>
> No, because if you run sh from bash, it may inherit that environment
> variable.

By default, it should not be exported, but a user could export it
themselves.

How about a double check of RANDOM?  If it gets exported, the inherited
value in (a)sh appears to be constant, while in bash it changes with
each access.  The only problem I can see with this is that a user could
unset RANDOM, then make a new variable with that name, but which will
not have the special feature.  I would think that this is rare enough to
maybe be ignored?

--
Bob McGowan
Staff Software Quality Engineer