Re: Simple bash startup question...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Andy Philpotts <andy.philpotts@calendarcentral.com>
An: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com <cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Datum: Montag, 14. August 2000 21:10
Betreff: Simple bash startup question...

>This may not be specific to cywin, but can anyone explain why, if I
>have an echo in my .bashrc and my .profile files, when I start a bash
>shell I get:
>
>Welcome to .profile(1)
>Welcome to .bashrc(1)
>Welcome to .bashrc(1)
>Welcome to .profile(1)
>Welcome to .bashrc(1)
>
>I would have expected to only see one invocation of each.
>
>For reference my .profile looks like:
>
>   echo Welcome to .profile\($SHLVL\)
>   unset MAILCHECK

Uncomment the following line:

>   source .bashrc
>
>My .bashrc looks like:
>
>   echo Welcome to .bashrc\($SHLVL\)
>   shopt -s nocaseglob
>
>and I launch bash through a batch file:
>
>   @echo off
>   d:
>   chdir \cygwin\bin
>   bash --login -i
>
>--
>Best regards,
> Andy              mailto:andy.philpotts@calendarcentral.com
>

>--

Don't really know why it happens, but you can get around this by
uncommenting
the "source .bashrc" line in your .profile-file.
I guess you have a file called profile in your /etc directory , that is
calling the .profile-script
in your HOME-Directory too.
Uncomment the "test -f ./.profile && . ./.profile" line and you will have
only one "Welcome "
for each file. Hope this helps...