Re: versions/compatibilities FAQ request

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 10:52:34PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> You know what?  It shouldn't even be Cygwin.  It should be Bash.  That's
>> what gets started, right?  But then we get people who think that the
>> whole system is "bash".
>
>The desktop icon just says "Cygwin".
>
>The start menu says "Cygnus Solutions" -> "Cygwin 1.1 Bash Shell"
>
>I suppose we could add "Cygwin 1.1 DOS Shell" or something like that.
>I'm not sure how to add URLs with the API we're using, but we can run
>notepad.

Sorry.  I really should have checked what was setup.exe was doing.

I think we should just drop the 1.1 and make it "Cygwin Bash Shell".

As far as the FAQ is concerned, I just made a shortcut to the cygwin
web page on my desktop.  The contents look like this:

[InternetShortcut]
URL=http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
Modified=60A97C4BBE17C00166

Dunno if that helps or not.  I've never used the interface in
setup.c for creating shortcuts.

cgf