Re: Setting cygdrive prefix to '/' causes disappearing mounts

>>> On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 00:24:50 -0400
>>> Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> said:

> She's also probably the most recent person, excluding me, to look at the
> mount code.   Hmm... with the possible exception of Kazuhiro Fujieda and
> Jason Tishler.

I know the cause of this problem. `mount_info::read_mounts' can
delete all registry keys of which names include the current
cygdrive prefix.  When I rewrited the mount code sometime ago,
I noticed this logic and preserved it.

The mount code doesn't allow mount entries under the cygdrive
prefix at all. But it let us change the cygdrive prefix into a
parent directory of existing mount entries. After that, it
rejects them.

We have two alternatives to solve this problem.
1. Allow mount entries under the cygdrive prefix.
2. Keep the cygdrive prefix away from parent directories of
   existing mount entries.

I can't find possible problems triggered by the former solution.
The latter solution won't let us change the cygdrive prefix into '/'.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology