RE: Setting cygdrive prefix to '/' causes disappearing mounts

I don't really understand what's the matter exactly here; as I've
understood, the cygdrive prefix was set as "/cygdrive", so that "a:" is
available as "/cygdrive/a". Setting the cygdrive prefix as "/" should give
"a:" available as "//a", so that should *not* erase "/bin" as bin is not a
subdirectory of the virtual /<empty> subdirectory of "/" but a subdirectory
of "/" itself.

I think the matching code is wrong; what should probably be avoided is
either setting the cygdrive prefix to "", or to "/.", because then /bin
would be under cygdrive, but setting the cygdrive prefix to "/" should *not*
cause problems for "/bin"; it could however cause problems with an UNC path
to machine "X", as //X/ will try to access the local X: drive, and that's
why the convention was changed to use (user-changeable) "/cygdrive/" prefix
instead of "//".

I'm just not sure this patch will not cause new kinds of problem; I think
fixing the matching code would be better: it should check for mount points
named <cygdrive prefix>/something, not "<cygdrive prefix>something", and
avoid collapsing multiple leading "/".

Just my 2c,

	Bernard

Bernard Dautrevaux