This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Is __imp_reent_data Deprecated? (a.k.a Problem #3 Building Cygwin PostgreSQL)
- To: Cygwin <cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Is __imp_reent_data Deprecated? (a.k.a Problem #3 Building Cygwin PostgreSQL)
- From: Jason Tishler <Jason dot Tishler at dothill dot com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:46:02 -0400
- Cc: dtrom at bumba dot net
- Organization: Dot Hill Systems Corp.
- References: <20000922093715.C1458@DP> <20000922130217.D5938@cygnus.com> <20000922131830.J1458@DP>
On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 01:18:30PM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 01:02:17PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
> > reent_data is exported by the cygwin.def file. Check the sources.
> > It looks like the variable is not being correctly *declared* using
> > declspec(dllimport). Changing the source to use that rather than
> > trying to kludge the name with an __imp_ naming convention will probably
> > solve the problem.
Using your suggestion, I changed the following in src/utils/dllinit.c:
extern struct _reent *__imp_reent_data;
extern __declspec(dllimport) struct _reent reent_data;
and the '__imp_reent_data' undefined reference problem was solved.
Director, Software Engineering Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation Fax: +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7 Email: Jason.Tishler@dothill.com
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA WWW: http://www.dothill.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org