RE: Linking in WSAGetLastError

Not quite. I am running a "newer" version of Windows -- one you will be
able to get in October or so. I want
to build interface libraries for some of the DLL's for which Microsoft has
not yet delivered
the .lib files. Working through the document you mentioned below, there
seems to be some missing information.

========mandel_dll.c===========================================
#include <windows.h>

int mandel(double a, double b, double c, double d, int e)
{
     int i;
     double x,y,x1,y1;

     x = a;
     y = b;
     for(i = 0; i < e; i++) {
          x1 = x*x + y*y;
          y1 = -2 * x * y;
          if( (x1*x1 + y1*y1) > 1.0)
               break;
          x = x1 + c;
          y = y1 + d;
     }
     return i;
}
int WINAPI
mandel_init(HANDLE h, DWORD reason, void *foo) {
     return 1;
}

This is a simple one function dll.

     gcc -c mandel_dll.c
     gcc -s -Wl,--base-file,mandel_dll.base -o mandel_dll.dll mandel_dll.o
-Wl,-e,_mandel_init@12

produces the following on my Win2K SP1 system:

/usr/lib/libcygwin.a(libcmain.o)(.text+0x6a):libcmain.c: undefined
reference to
`WinMain@16'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
~/src/cyg $

I'm not sure what is going on here. I try this to understand how dll's are
made with gcc/dlltool.

Sorry to be so obtuse. (See you in Zihuatanejo.)

Ed

Your Windows 2000 Arborist
T/L 589-4410; Outside: 1-919-993-4410
egb@us.ibm.com