RE: compiling python under cygwin

Chris Faylor writes:

>You realize that you posted this insightful observation about an hour
>after Jason helpfully posted the details that I asked for and about
>fifty minutes after I sent this:

My apologies for the postings crossing in the ether
My head is bent in shame

I also apologize for taking 20 minutes to create some data
during which time others did the same,  and my subsequent
error of posting of the requested data before rechecking my mail.

A mistake I will not make again.
< when on a dial up not rechecking mail before posting reply >

FYI
Jason and I have been wrestling with the Python source,
the Cygwin DLL creation methods and the Python make system
to have a full featured dynamically linked Python for Cygwin users.
With the exception of threading support, I believe that we will have
it SOON. :-)

All the best and THANK YOU
for your fine stewardship of Cygwin.

It has come along ways since I started using B-18

Norman

FWIW below is my message to Jason that spawned this.