Re: Cygwin for typical Windows Development?

BlueFox wrote:

> but you like the GCC tools. Is Cygwin stable enough/fully featured enough as
> a viable platform for programming Windows applications/games? (Particularly
> those that provide 3d acceleration, being that it seems to be the most
> important feature of games these days ;>)

Mingw doesn't ship DirectX headers. It's relatively easy to use the
M$ DirectX headers, look at SDL (Simple Directmedia Layer) how
to do it. I'm using DirectSound that way.

The stability of mingw is mostly dependent on the M$ libraries
used. Some of them have, umm, issues.

Tom