Re: getopts missing with latest cygwin

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 04:45:21PM -0600, Erik Nolte wrote:
>Getopts is not obsolete.  The ash maintainer(s) seem to think that getopts
>is a job control feature and have disabled it.  To get a working /bin/sh
>download the ash (and common) source, edit ash's builtins.def to remove "-j"
>from the getopts line, configure, compile, and copy new-sh.exe to
>/bin/sh.exe.  Hopefully an ash maintainer will fix this.

The "ash maintainer" is either me or Corinna.  FWIW, I don't plan on
changing this.  I want ash to be small and fast when running configure
scripts.  I've stripped ash down to support only the minimal set of
functionality found in older versions of UNIX.  I use the /bin/sh on
Digital UNIX 3.2 as a reference.

If you want more functionality, use bash.

FYI, getopts can also be a separate program although we don't supply it
with cygwin, currently.

cgf