Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 00:36:31 -0400
From: Dennis McCunney <mccunney@bellatlantic.net>
To: mblanco@arrow.utias.utoronto.ca
Subject: RE: bug in pcmcia inst, can only enter rescue mode, wrong RAID,
     right hda1

For one thing, you aren't getting the right place to ask the question.  This
mailing list is devoted to the Cygwin tools.  The Cygwin tools are Win32
ports of the standard GNU utilities and development tools, and are intended
to make it easier to port *nix applications to Win32 by providing a POSIX
emulation layer and the development environment a *nix developer is used to.

This forum isn't really about Linux at all.  It's under Red Hat because Red
Hat bought Cygnus Development, the authors of Cygwin, but there is no direct
connection with Red Hat linux.

As to your question, what are you installing Linux _from_?  While Red Hat
Linux supports RAID, it doesn't _have_ to have it.  It should install just
fine on a standard IDE drive.  It sounds like you don't have a standard
distribution and aren't using the regular install program.