Re: rxvt SEGV (Win98, 1.1.5s/2000-10-08)

--- Jonathan Kamens <jik@curl.com> wrote:

> We are compiling things, but we aren't linking them against
> cygwin1.dll.  Our product is not linked against any Cygwin DLLs, so I
> don't think this is the problem.  Certainly, we've been able to drop
> in new cygwin1.dll versions in the past without any trouble.  Are you
> saying that things are different in the cygwin1.dll's released since
> 1.1.4, and that if we are doing any compiling at all, even of things
> that are not linked against cygwin libraries, we have to replace all
> of cygwin?

Well, snapshots are never tested.  You just tested three and found them to be
buggy.  Try the most recent ones.  As for replacing the Cygwin libraries, it
appears from your verbage that you don't need to.  I have on my webpage an
explanation of Update Cygwin and a section of that covers snapshots, you may
wish to read it.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd