cygwin on a 386?

I am contemplating adding some more assembly language stuff to Cygwin
but on reading the Microsoft docs, it became apparent that some of the
cruft in Windows 95 is due to its ability to run on a 80386 platform.

So, things like InterlockedIncrement and InterlockedExchange, which are
relatively simple on NT are amazingly complicated on Windows 95.

So, my question is, has anyone ever used cygwin on a 80386 system?  I'm
wondering if it works at all right now.

cgf