Re: tar question

I have it working fine on my NT system.
Remember to mount the NT tape path to /dev/your_choice_of_tape_name
You need separate mounts of the same NT device for rewind on open and no
rewind on open.
I have found that when creating a tape archive I have to issue an
"mt -f /dev/my_choice_of_tape_name status"
to ensure that QIC drives are initialised properly.

Hope that helps

Don Sharp