Re: source for setup.exe?

> Obviously my needs are going to be different from other people's.
> So rather than me hacking in just my changes (and having them
> rejected :-), it would be nice to hear others and see where DJ wants
> the program to go.  If I remember correctly, DJ said prior versions
> of setup were scriptable and that this is on the to-do list.  Maybe
> he already has an idea of what to do.

Each do_* function has a call to DialogBox (or CreateDialog, or
whatever).  All you need to do is parse command line parameters
(optionally reading from a file, but please support command-line-only
mode also) in main() to set the variables in state.h and a global that
says "auto-install" (add that to state.h also, I guess) and then teach
setup to skip the obviously unneeded dialogs completely (start with
do_ini or something, instead of do_source) and for the remaining
dialogs to skip the DialogBox function.

You'll also have to teach note() and fail() (and the fprintf wrapper
in dialog.cc) to use the console instead of popups, if you want that.