Re: non latin file names?

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 08:15:48PM -0500, Chris Abbey wrote:
>At 11:06 10/24/00 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>Well, we wouldn't have the problem if someone contributed code to
>>correct it.
>
>er, um, actually there is no software to correct the problem...
>it's a mind set thing...

I don't understand this.  Adding support for non-US character sets
to cygwin and newlib is a programming project.  It requires someone
who understands about this stuff but there should be a lot of you
out there.

I'm not going to do it because I have no experience in doing it
and little interest in learning how to do it.

I would certainly be interested in seeing cygwin and newlib improve,
though.

This project seems to attract large numbers of consumers but only
a miniscule number of producers.  That's the basic problem.

cgf