Re: installing package usr-local-3.tar.bz2 problem under win 2000

At 08:28 AM 10/25/2000, David Armstrong wrote:
>Under Windows 2000
>
>On a new install of cygwin using the new setup.exe
>everything installed fine , however i found that the utils automake ,
>aclocal etc were not , i then downloaded the usr-local-3.tar package and
>installed ok !. But on trying to run automake etc all i get is no file or
>directory.
>
>on doing a ls -l in the directory /usr/local/bin these files are their , so
>i figure my problems ar in the area of permissions etc , but i am unable to
>find out where any help please would be appriciated .
>
>my cygwin.bat file is :-
>
>@echo off
>
>F:
>chdir \cygwin\bin
>
>SET MAKE_MODE=dos
>SET PATH=f:\cygwin\bin;f:\cygwin\usr\local\bin;%PATH%
>
>bash --login -i
>
>on doing a ls -l in the directory the files are mostly set as follows :-
>
>-rwxr-xr-x 1 administ None  10279 Dec 5 1999 aclocal
>
>Thanks for any help for a new guy
>please remove the * in any email reply
>
>Regards
>
>David
>david.armstrong@*ntlworld*.com

Never heard of the "usr-local-3.tar package".  Is this a Cygwin package?
Where did you get it from?  Is it source that you compiled yourself?

Its impossible to help you determine what your problem is without some
specific information (starting with answers to the questions above).
Always send the output from cygcheck -s -r -v and, in your case, it would
be good to provide output that shows what you typed, the results, and
the result of cygcheck <app name>, where <app name> = automake if I
understand you correctly.