Re: test report on ver 1.1.5-4

stefan wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Nov 2000, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> > stefan wrote:
> > >  * the ifconf interface is still a bit buggy:
> > >    LAPTOP ~/serveez-0.0.19/src> ./serveez.exe -i
> > >    --- list of local interfaces you can start ip services on ---
> > >                                      lo0: 127.0.0.1
> > >                                     ppp0: 192.168.2.7
> > >                                     eth0: 0.0.0.0
> > >    The latter two ip addresses or interfaces must be swapped.
> >
> > I'm surprised. I checked that on two different 9X systems.
> > Could you try to figure out why this happens on your system?
>
> What do i need to do then ? Do i have to check the sources or would a

This would be very nice. The related code is in net.cc, function
`get_9x_ifconf'.

> registry tree be enough to catch the bug ?

You have the registry in front of you. You have the sources. You can
step through the code with gdb. You should find the problem much easier
than me.

> > >  * I could provide my native Win32 port for the following
> > >    functions which are not yet part of cygwin:
> > >    - strptime
> > >    - stpcpy
> > >    - inet_aton
> > >    If you are interested in it, please tell me...
> [...]
> I do not have the "copyright" because the original code is from FSF's
> glibc and i just modified it to "fit". I read the contribution: Now I know
> the difference between OpenSource and Copyleft. I actually do not own the
> code i wrote but modified free code. I can "sign over" the "copyleft" to
> FSF. Is that what you want ? If so, I'd like to do so and send you what i
> "coded".

Nope, sorry. If it's glibc code we can't use it. The glibc is under
LGPL which collides with the Cygwin Library License which is GPL plus
an additive (Chris has explained that).

If you take code which is licensed in some BSD style or if you have
written it by yourself everything is fine.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen@redhat.com