Re: OpenSSH Strangeness on Windows 2000

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 01:11:05 +0100, you wrote:

> Lee Thompson wrote:
> > -rw-r-----   1 everyone None          995 Nov 12 00:25 ssh_config
> > -rw-------   1 everyone None          668 Nov 12 00:25 ssh_host_dsa_key
> > -rw-rw----   1 everyone None          613 Nov 12 00:25 ssh_host_dsa_key.pub
> > -rw-------   1 everyone None          537 Nov 12 00:25 ssh_host_key
> > -rw-rw----   1 everyone None          342 Nov 12 00:25 ssh_host_key.pub
> > -rw-------   1 everyone None         1035 Nov 12 00:25 sshd_config
>
> Did you add `system' to the users which have access to the files?
> Try
> 	setfacl -m u:system:r-- /etc/ssh*
>
> to add read permission to `system'. I'm assuming that you have a
> well defined /etc/passwd file.
>
> If that doesn't work (or you don't want to work with complex ACLs)
> change ownership of the private key files to `system'.
>
> If that doesn't work either send the contents of your sshd_config file.

Still no joy.

Here is the sshd_config:

# This is ssh server systemwide configuration file.

Port 22
#Protocol 2,1
ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
#ListenAddress ::
#HostKey /etc/ssh_host_key
ServerKeyBits 768
LoginGraceTime 600
KeyRegenerationInterval 3600
PermitRootLogin yes
#
# Don't read ~/.rhosts and ~/.shosts files
IgnoreRhosts yes
# Uncomment if you don't trust ~/.ssh/known_hosts for RhostsRSAAuthentication
#IgnoreUserKnownHosts yes
StrictModes yes
X11Forwarding no
X11DisplayOffset 10
PrintMotd yes
KeepAlive yes

# Logging
SyslogFacility AUTH
LogLevel INFO
#obsoletes QuietMode and FascistLogging

RhostsAuthentication no
#
# For this to work you will also need host keys in /etc/ssh_known_hosts
RhostsRSAAuthentication no

# To install for logon to different user accounts change to "no" here
RSAAuthentication no

# To install for logon to different user accounts change to "yes" here
PasswordAuthentication yes

PermitEmptyPasswords no

CheckMail no
UseLogin no

#Uncomment if you want to enable sftp
#Subsystem      sftp    /usr/sbin/sftp-server
#MaxStartups 10:30:60
--
Lee Thompson
thompsonl@logh.net