Re: Symlink'ed current directory and FIND

> Find doesn't dereference symbolic links unless you tell it to.

Yes, but surely it should follow the links to the *current* directory?
Not following links anywhere under it should be ok, but not finding
anything when sitting in a directory behind a symlink does sound like a
problem.

Paul, can you check what find does under strace in both circumstances to
see if there is any obvious reason for it to fail?  FWIW, try also the
`-noleaf' option.  GNU find has optimisations that have occasionally
caused problems for me in other contexts (cf. the manpage).  Maybe
cygwin doesn't always maintain the invariants GNU find uses for the
optimisations; using `-noleaf' would solve that one (I have no idea why
that would happen under cygwin, but there is no harm in trying).

Hope this helps,
//lat
--
It isn't what you don't know that hurts you, it's
what you know that ain't so. --Mark Twain, or else