sed and find

Hi,

I'm new to this list and to cygwin in general, and I have a problem
which I cannot find discussed anywhere on the faq or mailing list
archive.

its about the commands 'sed' and 'find'. I used the cygwin_b20 and
their sed and find therein with no problems, but the obviously
different sed and find in cygwin 1.1.4 gives me compile errors.

sed complains about unterminated 's' commands, as in
  sed "s/bla/blubb/"
which can there be solved by removing the quotation marks. However,
in order to expand complicated s/// expressions when compiling under
non windows plattforms, I cannot simply remove them all in the (huge)
code.  Is there a way to make sed in cygwin 1.1.4 understand the
quotation marks?

Another cause for headaches is 'find' which just won't find anything but
complains about unfound files/directories - as it seems in the path
where to find. I assume there is a problem with slashes and backslashes.
Again, the find of cygwin b20 worked.

Is there any chance to get these working without copying over the old
versions? Or is this eventually a known bug for which there is somewhere
here a solution?

I hope there is. Otherwise: will cygwin_b20 still be available in the
future?

cheers

armin