Puzzled by Cygwin Download and Installation

I downloaded cygwin-b20.2 in February 2000.  Since I wasn't using the cygwin
shell much in the intervening months, I didn't download any subsequent
updates, though I did save all the announcements.

When I saw an update to bash, I decided to try to download and install it.
Each e-mail announcement instructs one to go to the Cygwin site, then
advises:

Note that if this is the first time that you've run the new GUI version
of setup, it will currently download the whole cygwin net release again.
After this point it will only download what is needed.

This was the first time I had run the new GUI version of setup.  However, it
did not appear to be downloading "the whole cygwin net release again."
Rather, a list of utilities came up for downloading.  I have been
downloading them, but it's not clear whether I successfully downloaded "the
whole cygwin net release."  I'm not getting anything resembling the
directory structure that came with b20.2.  I have read the FAQ and
instructions but am still unclear as to what's happening.

Questions:

1.  Should I just remove all my Cygwin and start from scratch?

2.  If not, do I have to do anything to install the latest version of
Cygwin -- apart from the individual utilities?

3.  When I untar the individual utilities (a) where in the directory
structure should they be installed (currently, everything is going into
c:\cygwin\contrib or c:\cygwin\latest; and (b) is WinZip incorrect for this
(the instructions suggest it is)?

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for?

The LookSmart Live! community will help you find it and reward you for helping others. http://live.looksmart.com