Re: Subscribers to cygwin mailing list can post regardless ofspam blocks

At 19:01 11/26/00 -0500, Charles S. Wilson wrote:
>Alright. It's finally time for me to weigh in on this.
>
>  1) I hate spam.

ditto

>  2) I report every spam I get using spamcop.

ditto

>  3) My ISP is Comcast@home.  They are clueless.

yes, they are. I was an @home customer for over two years,
never again.

>  4) Fighting SPAM is costing me FAR more time than just hitting the
>delete key

yup, it does... about USD$0.50/Meg + your time. ;)

>  5) I contribute a lot to this project and this list.  But I have been
>on the brink of signing off for good and doing 'rm -rf' of my whole
>cygwin installation more than once.  Because of ORBS.

I wish I had the time to contribute a fraction of what you do.

>So, yeah, ORBS can modify my behavior -- but not in any way you'd like.

sigh. that's not what anyone wants.

ok folks, I give... forget I said anything.

>My biggest beef is not with ORBS' open relay database, actually; that
>part, I like.  My problem is with the ORBS 'smarthost exit point'
>database; that part is terrible.

have you brought this beef to orbs? you have a very valid problem.

now the forces of openness
     have a powerful and
     unexpected new ally
    http://ibm.com/linux/