Re: Subscribers to cygwin mailing list can post regardless ofspam blocks

At 10:39 AM 11/27/2000, Charles S. Wilson wrote:
>Did I mention that comcast@home is CLUELESS ?  Completely and totally
>IGNORANT ?
>
>--Chuck

You certainly did and I'm glad.  While I don't use them, my ISP is
just as clueless.  Its good to see some acknowledgement of the wider issue
which the use of ORBS engenders.  Fighting spam is not the sole
responsibility of the unsuspecting user, which seems to be the notion that
many sites using ORBS adopt.  Having suffered through the trials and
tribulations of dealing with ORBS myself, I'm very pleased to see the change
Chris Faylor has made for this list.  I think it embodies the original
spirit of controlling spam on this list without restricting subscribers'
access or requiring individuals to wage the SPAM war with an all-too-often
clueless (or at least hesitant) "ally" - their ISP.

Nice work Chris!