Re: [TAPI] header file

At 12:02 PM 11/27/2000, hellhound@life.be wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>    I was wondering if anyone tried to develop programs that used the
>    TAPI library. The cygwin package includes a libtapi.a (or something
>    similar), but it doesn't seem to include the tapi.h file.
>    Will there be one available in the future, or is this rather impossible
>    due to the Microsoft license ?
>    If it is still possible to use TAPI functionality in cygwin, could
>    someone give more information or a link to more info.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>    ,--------------------------------------------------------------.
>    |    .~.    Maurice Croes, Development Services Engineer       |
>    |    /V\    @ Life, VALinux Professional Services              |
>    |   // \\     Interleuvenlaan 15A, 3001 Haasrode, Belgium      |
>    |  /(   )\    Tel: +32 (16) 20.89.61  Fax: +32 (16) 20.79.73   |
>    |   ^`~'^     GSM: +32 (477) 959 123  Email: maurice@life.be   |
>    `--------------------------------------------------------------'

I don't know if someone has made use of TAPI under Cygwin however if the
only thing that's missing is tapi.h, it could be contributed the same way
as other MS headers have been.  While its not possible to simply copy the
MS headers because of licensing issues, generally speaking, it is
reasonable to construct your own header file based on the MSDN (or some
other source).  This can be contributed to Cygwin because its based on
information from a public source (or words to that effect!;-))  If I were to
guess, I would say that a tapi.h won't become part of the Cygwin distribution
any time soon without a contributor though.  Generally speaking, things added
to the distribution come about as a result of someone needing them and doing
the work to make them available.  The fact that tapi.h is missing is an
indication that no one has yet needed it.  If you're interested in pursuing
this issue further, you might want to contact the maintainer of the w32api
package for Cygwin.  This is where all of the current Win32 stuff is.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure who the maintainer is at the moment so you'll
need to rely on someone else from the list of furnish this information.

Good luck!