RE: Compatibility problem: Cygwin make and makefile filename case

     Just a thought, but you could instruct Cygwin users to execute the
following from their bash shell:

$ if [ -f MAKEFILE ] ; then mv MAKEFILE makefile ; fi

     I just tested this with `DIR /X ` on NT and found that it would
change the base DOS filename!  Not a perfect solution, but a viable
one...

     $.02,

/|/|ike