cp uses NT5 permissions on NT4

With cygwin 1.1.6 (and also 1.1.5) under some circumstances the cp program
from GNU fileutils 3.16 creates files and directories with NT5 permission
attributes that cannot be read by NT4.

In the case at hand I was copying a tree from a remote shared drive to a
local disk using a command like this:

  cp -Rf M:/ACE_wrappers/5_1-1_1/docs/* d:/release

On the M: drive the Security/Permissions tab shows two entries like this:

  Domain Admins    Full Control (All) (All)
  Domain Users     Change (RWXD) (RWXD)

and my user is a Domain User, hence I can read the source files of the cp
command. After the copy command returns the destination files and
directories on the D: drive cannot be accessed by me. When opening a file
with notepad I get "Access Denied".  Looking at the Security/Permissions
tab for one of the new files I get an error like this:

  The security information for D:\release\CE-status.txt is not standard
  and cannot be displayed. Windows NT 3.x and 4.x support certain features
  such as Deny Access Control Entries but cannot edit security information
  which uses these features. The information may have been modified by a
  computer running Windows NT 5.0, which supports these features and can
  edit information which uses them.

We don't have any NT5 systems at all, only NT4.

Joachim