Re: flex + bison problem and upgrade to new cygwin version

At 01:26 AM 12/4/2000, Avraham H. Fraenkel wrote:
>Hello,
>   I am using cygwin 1.1.4 for a long time.
>   I tried now to use flex and bison and failed on parsing the files.
>   probebly my problem is 0x15 (^M) problem.
>   (I tried to replace them without any sucssess.)
>
>   I want to ask:
>   1) Does the last version od flex and bison solve such problem
>      ( I didn't find in the archive but I rembeber i saw it in the list.)

I'm not sure but you should run the latest regardless.

>   2) If I upgrade to latest do I need to re-compile my .exe ?

Executables dependent on cygwin1.dll don't need to be recompiled until
further notice (the most likely clue to that will be that cygwin1.dll will
change to cygwin2.dll).

>   3) What I have to backup if I want to go back to version 1.1.4?
>      Only the install dir (c:\cygwin)
>      or maybe more (like registry file or some other files)

Nope.  You only need to back up the DLL and, if you're building stuff, the
build environment (basically everything that comes in the cygwin-inst tarball
if you were to pull down a development snapshot).  Still, you can back up
*everything* if you find that easier.