RE: Q: vim: clipboard?

> However, it's being worked on.  As a work around I use the
> edit menu of the
> command window.  Make sure that when you want to paste that
> you're in insert
> mode first.  I use NT4 and don't know if this work around
> exists for W9x/ME.

It works on Windows 2000, thanks (I've been using that since a week ago).
BTW, I also use the right mouse button for Copy (to Clipboard) from a
cmd.exe window instead of ENTER. Saves one mouse-to-keyboard-to-mouse
switch. :-)

Has anyone maybe figured out a way to copy (to clipboard) the selected text
like a single line if it spans complete consecutive lines (i.e. if 80-th
column of line 'i' is in the selection, then there is no newline between
line 'i' and 'i+1' during paste), and as separate lines if it doesn't? I
know it probably can't be done, cmd.exe is not that smart - asking just in
case. (if '*' reg worked, one could maybe join the lines exactly 80 chars
long with the previous and the next line during the paste)

> Cheers,
>
> =====
> Earnie Boyd
> mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com