Re: PS1 and color of cygwin screen

At 08:18 AM 12/20/2000 -0500, J. David Boyd wrote:
>How about a clue as to what I need to read to decipher what the different
>items in PS1 do?
>
>I would like to change the color of my cygwin environment, and I'm
>presuming that this is where I would do it...

Hi,

Here's what I do. Just open the properties of the CMD.EXE box that opens
when you click on the cygwin icon. (Right click the little icon on the top
left.) You can change a number of properties like background and text
colors. It does stay associated with the icon although you might have to
select an option to get this to happen, don't recall right now. It does
work rather nicely for me so I suspect it will for you. Oh, I just realized
that this is for NT/2K so if you are using 9X/ME then you will have to use
one of the other options for the command shell besides COMMAND.EXE  - don't
recall which they are right now but a check of the archives should tell you.

HTH

Cheers

Henry