Re: Running cygwinb19 and cygwin-1.1 based programs in parallel

At 11:50 AM 12/21/2000, Martin Oberhuber wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I need to run some cygwinb19 based compilers (which I have only in
>binary form) with my cygwin-1.1 based make system (make, bash etc.).
>
>Since in that case, cywinb19.dll and cygwin1.dll are in memory at
>the same time, can I expect the two DLL versions to work together
>correctly? - So far, I have not found any problems but I was only
>able to do a quick test and I'd like to be really sure.
>
>Thanks for your answer,
>
>Martin

Keep going and you'll find problems.  If you really need to work with
the old compiler toolset (why's that?), remove cygwinb19.dll and copy
cygwin1.dll in its place (i.e. rename it to cygwinb19.dll).  Or, better
yet, pull out your favorite binary editor and edit the executables that
use cygwinb19.dll to use cygwin1.dll.  Mind you, fill in the extra
characters left over in this operation with spaces, otherwise you'll nuke
your executable.  Still, I think we'd all like to see you use current
tools, compiler et al.!:-)