Re: -mno-cygwin with -mthread

On 27 Dec 2000, at 16:06, the Illustrious Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Does anyone use the subjected combination of switches?  I need to
> know because of /usr/bin/mingwm10.dll and future enhancements.

	Yes, I've used it during testing of various Cygwin ports.

	As I recall, that particular combination didn't work...in fact
there was some assumption...ah yes, no -mwindows, ie. the
compiler assumed console operation as opposed to win32
operation.
	After specifically adding the -mwindows switch, it seemed to
work.  This, in turn, lead me to believe that due to the basis
of the -mno-cygwin switch (linking crtdll.dll version of Mingw),
-mthreads wasn't able to work too well.

	Apparently, -mthreads doesn't like to function without
 -mwindows being set...so since there have been no complaints or
reports re: the above combination I figured it was because it
wasn't used by more than a few people.

	Peace,

		Paul G.

> --