Re: why not use root as root?

<1 Jan 2001, 21:03 Uhr wars, als Tim Prince folgendes schrub:>
< Re: why not use root as root? >

> Maybe I don't understand what you are saying here.  I build and test
> software routinely on a FAT32 partition, using build environments installed
> on either an NTFS or an extfs partition, so I can compare the test results
> conveniently.  Possibly, you mean that the cygwin drive root installation is
> advisable only when installed on the same partition as the OS.

Because there are no bigger problems than collision with other packages,
then a short note (maybe shorter as it is) would be enough.
S.th. like:

'As long as you do not install other packages which may collide with cygwin
tools, there are no known problems.'

That is what i would expect, but it is mentioned in the faq's like there
were to expect a lot of problems, including collision as 'One thing...'.
The faq-entry sounds to me like the 'main thing...' is not mentioned.

But, what the hell, i installed in root now and i'm content that everything
works still.

--
=^..^=
Gerrit Peter Haase