WinMain@16

Dear MailList Members,

First of all, if it is really a mailing list, please CC the answer to
me,  as I am not participant of the list.

I have downloaded the latest release yesterday. My problem is with the
following error message:

g++ -g *.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lSDL -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lGL -lGLU -o
bl2d
/usr/lib/libcygwin.a(libcmain.o)(.text+0x6a):libcmain.c: undefined
reference to `WinMain@16'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ld] Error 1

Since I haven't found either libGL or libGLU, I found out from the
opengl package's readme file, that a symlink to libgl32 and libglu32,
respectively, should solve the problem. These are all the unusual (?)
things I've done. Indeed, before symlinking, ld stopped before this
message. The long and the short of it, libcygwin.a includes a reference
to WinMain@16, and I can't find any solution to resolve it.

Do you have any ideas what may be the problem? What is this WinMain@16?
Why do I need anything ending with '16' even though I'm using a
full-32-bit-system?

In hope of an early response (I'm desperate, I beg you!)
Respects,

Gábor