RE: xterm-like terminal emulator

> > Also, the only way I can seem to run rxvt and get the
> > results I want is to have a batch file like
> >         C:
> >         chdir \cygwin\bin
> >         bash --noprofile --norc -c "rxvt ..."
> > But this involves making two bash instances per shot.
> > It doesn't seem to work right if I don't call it through bash.
> > Anyone got a better way?
>
> c:
> chdir \cygwin\bin
> rxvt -e bash --login -i

That doesn't work.  A window briefly flashes up and disappears.
I tried this
	C:
	chdir \cygwin\bin
	rxvt -ls ...    (no -e command: just let rxvt create the bash)
This produces a shell which is very screwed up.  I set PS1="\w\$ "
in my .bash_profile, but it outputs a literal "\w\$ " instead of
substituting the current working directory for \w.  Also I went
to see if my alias were defined and alias is not a valid command.
alias is a bash built-in command!!!
	\w$ alias
	alias: not found
How a shell could get that badly messed up is a bit
of a mystery to me. I also tried using run.exe as
suggested by Jason but it had the same problem.
- Dan