Re: Cygwin commands crashes after ssh login

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 07:41:15AM -0500, Erdely, Michael wrote:
> I've noticed this a lot.  With Windows 2000 Pro and Server, with and without
> SP1, as well (so it's not the specific version of NT/2000).  I've also
> noticed this when running sshd as part of inetd (running as both a specific
> account & SYSTEM) and with srvany (running as both a specific account &
> SYSTEM).
>
> So far, switching back to Cygwin DLL version 1.1.5-7 is the only solution
> I've found.
>
> One thought I had after reading
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-01/msg00714.html was that it may be a
> problem with BASH and not with Cygwin.  So, I was wondering if anyone who
> _IS_ having this problem is _NOT_ using BASH as their shell in /etc/passwd.
> Also, if anyone is _NOT_ having this problem and _IS_ running BASH as their
> shell in /etc/passwd.  If you fall under the previous two categories, how
> are you running SSHD (SRVANY, INETD, specific account, SYSTEM, CYGWIN=ntsec,
> . . .).

Personally I'm using tcsh and bash as login shell. I'm using W2K SP1
with Cygwin 1.1.7, sshd is started via SRVANY under my own account
which has the appropriate user rights and I don't have any problems
using ssh and sshd on the box. For testing purposes I'm sometimes
switching to starting sshd from inetd using LocalSystem account and
password authentication. No problem at all.

I'm really sorry but I don't know what I can do as long as I can't
reproduce any of the described effects.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.