Re: Cygwin commands crashes after ssh login

Corinna Vinschen <cygwin@cygwin.com> writes:

> Personally I'm using tcsh and bash as login shell. I'm using W2K SP1
> with Cygwin 1.1.7, sshd is started via SRVANY under my own account
> which has the appropriate user rights and I don't have any problems
> using ssh and sshd on the box. For testing purposes I'm sometimes
> switching to starting sshd from inetd using LocalSystem account and
> password authentication. No problem at all.
>
> I'm really sorry but I don't know what I can do as long as I can't
> reproduce any of the described effects.

As someone else struggling to help solve this, first can I warmly
endorse Mike's kind words -- you've been tremendously helpful, that's
why we're frustrated your efforts on this one issue have so far been
in vain.

Following up on one tiny part of the above, when you say '... from
inetd _using LocalSystem account_', what does that last bit mean?  I
don't have a LocalSystem user in either /etc/passwd or Win2K Users. . .

ht