RE: Using cygwin "make"

John,

you should use cygwin path syntax rather than windows syntax, i.e.
/cygwin/d/classes instead of D:\classes (see cygwin documentation/FAQ)

You can use windows pathes, but you have to remember to quote the
backslashes: replace the single backslashes with double backslashes.
This is a shell issue. Try  'man bash', see chapter 'Quoting'.

Karsten