Re: /bin/pwd versus built-in pwd

Sorry, I know you get sick of seeing the same thing
all the time (so do I, I just don't read every single post, nor
have responsibilities here so it bothers me less).

Anyway, my main question was
> Are there any alternative utils that can give me the full name?

Bob gave me the workaround to this.
Thanks Bob!

Excuse that I felt I need because I was 'slapped down'.... 8-)

I did of course search the archives with several combinations
of stuff. i.e.'pwd', 'pwd symbolic links', 'pwd full directory symbolic
link', etc...

Its still easy to miss things in there. I went back and looked
again after your post, and finally found one line from Corinna
that didn't show up in my searches above, but was present in the
discussion thread that indicated it was a bug.

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 02:56:23PM -0800, Bob McGowan wrote:
>Based on the man page for 'pwd':
>
> "...That is, all components of the printed name will be actual
>  directory names -- none will be symbolic links."
>
>I'd say this is a bug.

I'd say that this has been discussed in the mailing list several times
already.

cgf