Re: Cygwin commands crashes after ssh login

Hello,

I'm a newbie to cygwin, but I have this exact problem with sshd, and a little more info on it.

I'm running Win2K SP1 and using inetd to launch sshd.
I rebuilt bash.exe from the sources and the problem disappeared!
However, I also tried replacing the shell of the logon user with /bin/sh and the problem still occurs.  I haven't rebuilt sh.exe.

Could there be something wrong with the bash.exe in the binary distribution..?

By the way, it seems that a few lines failed in the configure.in for bash:

dnl Use GNU m4 macros to get the distribution and patchlevel information
dnl into configure without requiring the files to be distributed
[BASHVERS=]dnl
esyscmd(cat _distribution)dnl
[BASHPATCH]dnl
esyscmd(cat _patchlevel)dnl

I had to to hack those two lines to get bash to build, is that normal?

Thanks,
Frank Palazzolo

frank.palazzolo@autodesk.com