Looking for alternative to mkfifo

I have a shell script that uses mkfifo which comes back
and says it is not supported in cygwin.

I searched the mail list archives and the same question
was posted back in 1997, but I was wondering if the answer
is still the same? Is there a working version of mkfifo around
anywhere?

Can anybody show me (being Unix literate but windoze ignorant)
an alternative way to do this under windoze 2000?

Thanks for any help.

Doug Hillmer