Re: cygwin 1.1.6 bug on Windows 2000

The bit map image shows a path of "c:\odsdev\bin\i386\tcsh"

This does not look like a cygwin path.  If this is a 16 bit version of tcsh, that could explain the problem and you will need to change to a cygwin version of tcsh to fix
it.  You should check the cygwin web site for links.

"Burns, Ken" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I try and run 'awk' from a TC-Shell in cygwin 1.1.6 on Windows 2000, I
> get a "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem" error (see attached Windows bitmap).
>
>  <<error.bmp>>
> For example, if it try
>
>         awk '{print $2}' data
>
> using the attached data file, the error will occur.
>
>  <<data>>
> I have repeated this on a number of different PC's (Windows 2000, cygwin
> 1.1.6) with the same results.
>
> Regards
> Ken Burns
>
>    ####
>  ###### -------------------------------------------------------+
>  ###     Ken Burns             :  ken.burns@softwareag.co.uk   |
>     ###  Software AG (UK) Ltd  :       Tel: +44 (0)1332 611185 |
>  ###### -------------------------------------------------------+
>  ####
>
> --
> The content of this e-mail is confidential, may contain privileged material
> and is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above. If you receive this
> in error, please notify Software AG immediately and delete this e-mail.
>
> Software AG (UK) Limited
> Registered in England & Wales 1310740
> Registered Office: Hudson House, Hudson Way,
> Pride Park, Derby DE24 8HS
>
>   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Name: error.bmp
>    error.bmp    Type: Bitmap Image (image/bmp)
>             Encoding: base64
>
>            Name: data
>    data    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>        Encoding: quoted-printable

Bob McGowan
Staff Software Quality Engineer
VERITAS Software