Re: Program can not be run in DOS mode

"McCunney, Dennis" wrote:

> [...]

      I downloaded setup.exe from the cygwin page. I ran setup.exe, chose a mirror site, and
downloaded all of the contents. I ran setup again and chose to install from a local directory.
That completed with no errors. Finally, the desktop icon was produced. Have I missed
something? Are there some post-install steps to follow?

Bob

  I think I solved the problem! For the shortcut cygwin.pif "properties", "program",
"advanced" had MS-DOS mode checked. I unchecked this and checked "suggest MS-DOS mode
as necessary". This eliminated the attempted re-boot and put me in a window with the
$ prompt.

Bob