Re: tcpd is where?

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Seth Delackner wrote:

> I applied the patch as you outlined and I successfully compiled and
> installed tcpd in /usr/sbin.  I then modified my inetd.conf to something
> like what appears below. Anyhow, I restarted inetd and immeditely lost
> access to any of the services.  When I changed the tcpd lines back to
> 'in.foo in.foo' instead of 'tcpd in.foo' and restarted, everything was
> good again, but of course, without tcpd!

Please read my note where I mention the use of tcpdmatch to help nail
problems down. If you have already done so, provide details. The info you
have supplied is just not enough, sorry.

1. What's your /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny like?
2. What does the following say:

   $ tcpdmatch in.ftpd <from-host>

   where <from-host> is the one you're trying to connect from.

3. What does the event log say? Look up the Application Logs in the
   even viewer and see what tcpd may be saying.

I've only tested this setup on a Win2k machine, so you're on your own
on anything else.

Regards,
Mumit