Cygwin and JVMs

How does one deal with the classpath's and other environmental
variables when porting scripts between windows and unix, using
the cygwin tools of course.

For context, we are using weblogic, ejb, java, toplink and verve.
We right now have *.cmd files to compile and start the
application.  Is there a way to *.sh files executing in the
cygwin environment that can then be ported to the UNIX machine?
We keep having to deal with the classpath separators and
drive-letters right now and can't get one script for both
platforms.

Thanks.
--
Galen Boyer
Fingers and toes, fingers and toes, forty things we share.