Re: -mno-cygwin and c++ stl... progress?

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 02:37:51PM -0600, Mumit Khan wrote:
> Hopefully, I have worked around this in recent gcc 2.95.* releases so it
> shouldn't be a problem.

The workaround you mention only applies to building the mingw specific
bits in Cygwin/Winsup, and not applicable to general class of C++ code.

FYI, libstdc++-v3, as part of gcc-2.97, uses exceptions internally, and
the current code will pull in various bits of eh.o(libgcc.a), even when
building winsup/cinstall with exceptions rtti etc turned off. I may have
a workaround/solution, but haven't tested it yet.

> >and (2) the C++ runtime library for Cygwin and Mingw are *not*
> >compatible.
>
> This one is the show stopper.

And there is nothing we should do about it other than inform users that it
is to be expected and exactly what the remedy is.

Regards,
Mumit