Re: 1.1.7 & NT4.0 problem

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> The output of `cygcheck -s -r -v' would be what?  The output of
> `cygcheck id' would be what?  How is it then that you have no /usr/bin?
> Do you have administrative rights to the workstation?  If not are you
> installing for "All" or "Just me"?

I think part of the problem is the way the system is setup.  I don't have
a local account on the computer.  I log into the network.  My network
account has administrative privileges on the computer.  So, I can install
most NT software without problems.  But, obviously now cygwin.

I was able to log in as administrator on the local computer and install
cygwin.  It works fine that way, but when I log in as myself through
the network, the same problem exists.

I tried creating a local account, but I'm not sure how to make cygwin
create a new user (my new local account).  What script does setup run
at the end.  I'm able to catch mkpasswd, but not much else.

--
Jiann-Ming Su, js1@microwave.ph.msstate.edu