Re: Setup oddity

> Not sure whether this is a bug or a feature.

Me neither.  Probably yet another MS bug we'll have to work around.

> Is it possible to detect the presence of an active internet connection
> so that setup doesn't dial up when it doesn't need to?

Anything's possible with computers, but I don't know how to do it, and
it's, um, "easy enough" for you to just select the right option (I
*hope* you know when your modem is connected and when it isn't ;)

More likely, the IE5 (nio-ie5.cc) code needs to be a little smarter
about reusing an existing connection, rather than switching the whole
setup program over to direct mode (direct doesn't allow proxies, for
example).  If you want to investigate doing this, please do.